If you’ve ever had pictures taken on the beach, you probably already know that they have to be scheduled during the first or last hour of sunlight. During our peak season, the sun comes up between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. in some of our locations. That means you’ll have to get the family out of bed REALLY early! However, there are several advantages to scheduling your beach portrait session at sunrise!
- There’s nobody else on the beach, which means you won’t have to compete with other families for those good photo spots!
- Cooler temperatures! During the summertime, the temperature begins to climb very quickly about an hour after the sun comes up. Even during the hottest part of the summer, the temperature will usually be in the low 70s at sunrise.
- Many of our clients say their younger children are much happier in the morning than in the evening. This means more smiles and better pictures!
- Although sunset on the beach is also beautiful, some people think the lighting at sunrise is much more beautiful. Judge for yourself by checking out these pictures from a recent sunrise session in Gulf Shores.
- And finally, you can save money by booking your beach photography session at sunrise! To book a sunrise session and receive a $25 discount, just contact us by phone or email.